Friday, November 12, 2010

Artist statement

Artist Statement
I am a storyteller using mixed media art(collage&assemblage) to communicate my experiences to other human beings. As a child I was captivated by the sacredness fostered by ritual,prayer,candles,incense and towering angels and saints. I was dwelling visually and spiritually in a magical place. But like magic the imperial enviroment concealed its dark side.  Thousand of hours have gone into perfecting my style. I combine found objects,photos,and other unusual materials to visually expose my emotions and experience with humanity.  Each piece tells a story freeing my soul allowing me to confront my imposing sensitivity to life.  I relate stories through art as a way of making sense of the world . Exploring cultural values and belief systems helping myself and others feel a sense of belonging in the world.  Stories collaged with passion create a context that put the audience in a position to understand why a view or point matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment