Friday, November 12, 2010

Creating small works of art with photos

Hello everyone; Ive been inspired by all the photoshop pics I've been seeing. I decided to try this in a artistic creative way getting some paint under my nails. Here's how you can create little works of art from pics you've taken that your not pleased with.
Pick your photo. Now rinse your photo under water to remove the shiny like film coating the pic. Next cover the section in the photo you want to preserve with modge podge or any gel medium. Now mix 50/50 bleach and water. I like to use a brush but some people just place the whole photo in the bleach mixture and remove when they get the colors they like and rinse or pat with water to stop the removal of color by the bleach. If all the color come off thats fine. Pat dry, sometimes I use a hairdryer. Get your acrylic paints, or pastel (oil) or water colors and start to paint your photo. I like to pounce layers of paint on and see what happens, I use a wadded up piece of paper towel. I also accent with paint parts of the pic to make them pop. You can add text if you like. you are the artist. Enjoy. I like to use brown shoe polish over the finished piece it kinda antiques it so the colors look richer.
Below are the finished product one as it looks and the other edited with exposure and contrast.

Color photos are used for this method. So dig around in those boxes of photos and have fun.


1 comment:

  1. Joy, I am very happy to see that you are blogging! I am following you ( Yo Mama)and look forward to your writing and art. I love the idea of bleaching out the color photos , then painting!xoxo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete